Topic: new skills and knowledge in a field of Cultural heritage: History, Culture, Archeology, Folklore and Traditions. We search volunteers for our activities with local children, youth and archaeological specialists in Veliki Preslav.
|WHEN:||17.07.2021 – 30.08.2021|
|WHERE:||Bulgaria, Veliki Preslav town – the second capital of Bulgaria|
for more information about previous projects with volunteers in Veliki Preslav see:
|18 youth (18-29 years old) – International group, people from different countries
Eligible countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Turkey.
3 participants max per one country
|PROFILE of participants:
|WHAT SUPPORT is insured:||Program “European Solidarity Corps” ensured:
What will happen in the frame of the project?
- Knowledge that you will learn in the frame of the project:
- Specifics for the profession of archaeologists and working in an archeological area:
1.1. How to hunt different archaeological sites (movable and immovable);
1.2. How to prepare and implement plans (regular) and rescue excavations or underwater research;
1.3. How to make a scientific treatment of excavated monuments;
1.4. How to use and prepare scientific and reference documentation;
1.5. How to work with instrumentation – line calipers, scales, etc..;
1.6. In conducting excavations – how to work with different maps, geophysical and building tools, cameras, packaging materials;
1.7. How to preserve and store objects and artifacts;
1.8. Work in a team or independently.
2. Facts and information about the history and Intangible Cultural heritage of the Balkans and Europe:
2.1. Information about material and spiritual culture of the people of the past;
2.2. Reconstruct the history of the continent of Europe in ancient times.
- Work with children and youth:
3.1. Planning the daily program
3.2. Preparing games and materials
3.3. Leading the sessions with children and youth
3.4. Evaluation of the work.
- Within the project, you have the opportunity to develop your own project. This could be:
– comparison to historical data or cultural heritage (Tangible and Intangible)
– media work to promote Veliki Preslav town and old history in Internet and social nets,
– or something else in connection with cultural knowledge and awareness.
- Cultural awareness and trips:
– Veliki Preslav is very close to the seaside, so in your day-off you may to visit our sea resorts: Varna town, Golden sands, St.Konstantin and Elena, Albena, Kavarna (100 – 150 km distance).
– Or other historical places: Pliska (first capital of Bulgaria – 35 km), Veliko Turnovo town (third capital – 90 km).
– and of course to see Sofia city.
One of the possible places for a trip is Istanbul: 10,5 hours with a bus, 60 euros return ticket. Also: Bucharest, Romania (200 km from Veliki Preslav)
For us would be pleasure to know something new about your country, history and people (old and nowadays) so you are welcome to share with us your culture, food or what you want. Local people will be invited too, so our project “NOT JUST HISTORY” is more that helping to archeologists, this is a project for cultural awareness. YOUR ARE WELCOME!
- In the end of the project, you will receive Youthpass certificate – document that is registered in EU database.
RULES of program European Solidarity corps+:
ESC Projects happen in very strict rules. You should have your SENDING ORGANIZATION from your country, that will prepare you before leaving and will be in contact with you on the time of the project.
This organization have to be accredited to SEND volunteers in abroad. Here is a database of Accredited organizations:
Application form: here
Deadline for applying: 15 May 2021
Selection process: 16 – 20 May 2021
Open Space Foundation,
E: [email protected],
M: +359 889 916 483,