OPEN LIBRARY project – volunteering for youth participation and employability, long-term volunteering project under Erasmus+ (EVS)
1 March 2019 – 30 October 201
Location: in Sofia, Bulgaria
Participating countries: Latvia and Italy
Deadline: 15 December 2018
Lear more also in the European Volunteer service: https://europeanvoluntaryservice.org/whatis-evs/
We are happy to announce that this project has been approved!
We are looking for excited, willing to learn and motivated young people. Come and join our team!
Read carefully below and apply now! for OPEN LIBRARY – volunteering for youth participation and employability.
Open Space Foundation is looking for one volunteer who are highly motivated and willing to spend 8 months in Sofia, Bulgaria.
What will you do? Briefly, you will:
- Participate in the selection process of Legends and Myths from your country and translate them in English;
- Recording them in audio files;
- Translate of Legends and Myths from different countries to your language;
- Take a part in testing and adaptation process of Audio and text files with Legends and Myths;
- Develop online digital tools (posts, banners, photos, videos, …) for promoting Open Space Foundation’s activities online
- Manage our social media platforms and online outreach
- Coordinate intercultural events that promote Erasmus+
- Prepare and collect content to disseminate Open Space Foundation’s monthly newsletter
- Participate in internal team discussions and events
- Conduct a market research for the populazing the products of our project.
Also, you will support our everyday work in the office:
- be introduced to the organisation and will be trained how we work
• get to learn each different aspect of an organisation by mentor and supervisor
• get support to define what is the goal you want to achieve for this period of EVS
• contact and connect with other volunteers that working with the Hosting organziation
• learn about, contact and cooperate with local schools and schools working with emigrants
• support us with little administrative help (we call it FUN-dministration!)
• get trained in organising an event and organise your own
By helping us and doing all above you will practice important skills and competences like:
- networking and support of local NGOs
• organisation of events – workshops, trainings, seminars, public events, discussions
• meeting local youth and promotion of mobility opportunities in EU
• informal language classes to local youth
• promotion of volunteering (Erasmus+ and Open Space Foundation)
• promotion of non-formal education, lifelong learning
• media project (social networks, webpage, blog writing, visits in schools, centres working with emigrants, and organisations)
• project management and coordination
• project design and writing
• problem solving
• critical thinking
• strategical planning and more!
You will be supervised and mentored in a way to set your own goals and learn, practice, develop and master some important life skills and competencies like: team work, cooperation, learning to learn, time management, communication and coaching skills, project initiation from A to Z and much more!
We want to train you in the things you are passionate about so you can learn much and grow personally and professionally.
Profile of participants
• 18-30 years old,
• unemployed or at risk of unemployment, or
• in transition between two educational levels or career paths, or
• having fewer opportunities, including those who have problematic social or cultural background
During these 8 months you will be full-time volunteers having a schedule of 35 hours per week.
Days off – volunteers get two consecutive free days per week + two extra days of holiday per month. In case that volunteer is working extra hours, they have right to get these hours compensated.
This is long-term volunteering mobility funded by Erasmus+ programme.
That requires commitment. You will be asked to organise a follow-up activity after the project.
Get to know all provided information in the info letters before you submit your application form.
Participation contribution: FREE of charge, Erasmus+ programme covers participation in this project.
Apply NOW by send us your CV and Motivation lettre. Deadline for applications: 15 December 2018
Website of the organizer: Open Space Foundation
Should you have a question, contact us: [email protected]
Sign up for our newsletter.